Media Regulation During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Study from Central and Eastern Europe
Gergely Gosztonyi, PhD, is Habil Associate Professor, Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE), Budapest, Hungary. Elena Lazar PhD, is Associate Professor, University of Bucharest, Romania
This edited volume aims to bring together the historical and contemporary challenges for the press, the news media, and our mediatised world. It explores the issue from the perspectives of legal history and existing law, as well as social and political science, identifying the intersections where past experience can help to address the social and regulatory challenges of the present.
Interested contributors are invited to submit chapter proposals of between 250 and 300 words, or full chapters of 4000 to 6000 words, before 28th February 2023.
Media Regulation During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Study from Central and Eastern Europe seeks contributions on topics including:
- Freedom of expression and censorship in in Central and Eastern Europe during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Pandemic communication in Central and Eastern Europe
- Media regulation in Central and Eastern Europe
- Fake news, disinformation and COVID-19
- Hate speech during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Case law of the European Court of Human Rights relating to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Other relevant social and political issues relating to media regulation in Central and Eastern Europe during/since the pandemic
A Chapter will normally be between 4000 and 6000 words, including notes and references, but these are not strict word limits, and can be discussed with the Editor. They should be written in English, and presented to the Editor complete and free of spelling and grammar errors. Please see our Manuscript Submission Guidelines for more information.
Chapter Authors will be asked to sign a simple Contributor Agreement, and to warrant that a Chapter does not infringe any copyright or other rights, and that the Author holds the rights to publish the work.
Please submit Chapters/Chapter Proposals before 28 February 2023
To discuss or submit a Chapter for consideration in Media Regulation During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Study from Central and Eastern Europe please contact the Editor, Dr. Gosztonyi Gergely, at firstname.lastname@example.org