Royalties will be paid at the following standard rates (but please check your publishing contract);
- Copies sold (in all formats) at 10% of net revenues
- Any secondary rights, including translation rights, at 20% of net revenues
Royalties are only paid once per year. Your sales and royalty statement will tell you how many copies of your book(s) were sold in the last period, and how much royalty is due to you. This does not include any copies purchased by you at the author’s discount rate. No royalty is payable on free or author-rate copies.
Royalty payments will not be made if the amount payable is below a threshold of £100 (or equivalent). If your payment has not reached the threshold, it will be carried forward to the next period.
Royalties are calculated as a percentage of the money we receive (the net revenue). This amount will vary depending on sales channel. The royalty paid is calculated on the net sale amount we receive.
Please help us to pay you correctly, promptly, and efficiently.
- We prefer to use PayPal as it is a simple and low-cost way to pay. You must tell us the email address associated with your PayPal account. If this changes, you must let us know. We will check with you before any payment is made. If we do not receive an answer, payment will be retained.
- For bank transfers, please send us your bank details (account name, number and sort code in the UK or SWIFT/IBAN details outside the UK) and state the currency of the account. Make sure the name you provide is the same as the name on the account, or a transfer will not be processed. We will pay our bank’s costs but not yours if there are currency or transaction fees. If your account details change, you must let us know. We will check with you before any payment is made. If we do not receive an answer, payment will be retained.
- We do not offer payment by cheque.
- You may take books instead of cash, (your own books, or others) at 40% discount in lieu of royalties. If we owe you £100 in royalties, you can select books worth £200 from our website. Let us know if this is what you would like to do.